Green Trading Post - Shop Local and Shop Green
Join the Pinelands Preservation Alliance for the 9th annual Green Trading Post on December 3rd and 4th from noon to 4pm.
Date: Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 3rd and 4th, 12:00 noon - 4:00 pm
Location: PPA Headquarters, 17 Pemberton Road, Southampton, NJ 08088
Get directions here.
Tired of the mall? Fed-up with catalogs? Want to do something more with your holiday shopping? Then the Green Trading Post, offered by the Pinelands Preservation Alliance, is for you.
Organized as a traditional holiday bazaar, the Green Trading Post, offers merchandise and memberships from local non-profit environmental, cultural or historical organizations. This event takes place on Saturday, December 3 and Sunday, December 4 from 12:00 noon – 4:00 p.m. at the Bishop Farmstead, headquarters of the Pinelands Preservation Alliance. Use your “greens” for good and for gifts this holiday season.
Profits help support the missions of the various conservation groups participating in this program.
Full List of Confirmed Exhibitors for 2016:
- Conserve Wildlife Foundation of New Jersey - nature- themed books, Adopt-a-Species
- Pinelands Preservation Alliance - books about Pinelands history, ecology and culture, CD’s and movies about the region, and t-shirts, hats, hoodies and water bottles adorned with their logo.
- Master Gardeners of Burlington County - herb bunches and other natural goods handmade with love.
- Paul Evans Pedersen Jr. - Author and artisan will be on hand to sign copies of his book, New Tales from Old Haunts: The Legendary Pine Barrens. He will also have his famous Pine Barrens Diamonds for sale. These unique, handcrafted pieces come from deep within the Pine Barrens of Southern New Jersey featuring "Pine Barrens Diamonds"™. They are cut, shaped and expertly polished pieces of early 19th Century glass that were abandoned from several world-famous glass works, including the Crowleytown Works, Isabella Works, The Tansboro Works, The Coffin and Hay Works, The Bulltown Works, and other old glass manufacturers from yester-year. Learn more here.
- Pinelands Adventures - outdoor gear including hats, shirts, lanterns & headlamps, watershoes and more! Or surprise someone you love with a gift certificate for an adventure in the New Jersey Pine Barrens. NEW:Used Kayaks will be available for purchase - for more information contact Pinelands Adventures at 609-268-0189
- Pinelands Folk Music and Basketry Center - handmade baskets, mountain dulcimers and candles
- Pollination Station - honey products, nature-themed jewelry, pottery and ornaments as well as wildlife note cards
- Rancocas Nature Center - field guides, bird feeders, nature toys, apparel
- Whitesbog Preservation Trust - nature-themed gifts and jams, chocolates and honey
- Woodford Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge - gift items, apparel
Gift memberships for all non-profit organizations will also be available.
NEW this year - Kayaks: Pinelands Adventures will have used kayaks available for purchase! See the boats and prices in their Facebook Store. For more information contact Pinelands Adventures at 609-268-0189. You do have to have a Facebook account to see what is in their store.
A few members of the Pinelands Dulcimer Society will play on both days. Light refreshments will be served.
Sponsored by Pinelands Preservation Alliance
For more information email email@example.com.
It looks like you don't have flash player installed. Click here to go to Macromedia download page.