Green Trading Post - Shop Local and Shop Green
Join the Pinelands Preservation Alliance for our annual Green Trading Post where you can make a difference with your holiday dollars. Help make a wreath for a family in need on December 3rd (scroll to the bottom of the page).
2017 Green Trading Post
Date: Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 2nd and 3rd, 12:00 noon - 4:00 pm
Location: PPA Headquarters, 17 Pemberton Road, Southampton, NJ 08088
Get directions here.
Tired of the mall? Fed-up with catalogs? Want to do something more with your holiday shopping? Then the Green Trading Post, offered by the Pinelands Preservation Alliance, is for you.
Organized as a traditional holiday bazaar, the Green Trading Post, offers merchandise and memberships from local non-profit environmental, cultural or historical organizations. This event takes place on Saturday, December 2 and Sunday, December 3 from 12:00 noon – 4:00 p.m. at the Bishop Farmstead, headquarters of the Pinelands Preservation Alliance. Use your “greens” for good and for gifts this holiday season.
Profits help support the missions of the various conservation groups participating in this program. Help make a wreath for a family in need. Scroll to the bottom of the page.
List of Confirmed Exhibitors for 2017:
- Conserve Wildlife Foundation of New Jersey - nature- themed books, Adopt-a-Species
- Pinelands Preservation Alliance - books about Pinelands history, ecology and culture, CD’s and movies about the region, and t-shirts, hats, hoodies and water bottles adorned with their logo.
- Master Gardeners of Burlington County - herb bunches and other natural goods handmade with love.
- Paul Evans Pedersen Jr. - Author and artisan will be on hand to sign copies of his book, New Tales from Old Haunts: The Legendary Pine Barrens. He will also have his famous Pine Barrens Diamonds for sale. These unique, handcrafted pieces come from deep within the Pine Barrens of Southern New Jersey featuring "Pine Barrens Diamonds"™. They are cut, shaped and expertly polished pieces of early 19th Century glass that were abandoned from several world-famous glass works, including the Crowleytown Works, Isabella Works, The Tansboro Works, The Coffin and Hay Works, The Bulltown Works, and other old glass manufacturers from yester-year. Learn more here. New this year are his Jersey Devil Claws necklaces.
- Pinelands Adventures - outdoor gear including hats, shirts, lanterns & headlamps, watershoes and more! Or surprise someone you love with a gift certificate for an adventure in the New Jersey Pine Barrens.
- Pinelands Folk Music and Basketry Center - handmade baskets, mountain dulcimers and candles
- Pollination Station - honey products, nature-themed jewelry, pottery and ornaments as well as wildlife note cards
- Rancocas Nature Center - field guides, bird feeders, nature toys, apparel
- Whitesbog Preservation Trust - nature-themed gifts and jams, chocolates and honey
- Woodford Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge - gift items, apparel
Gift memberships for all non-profit organizations will also be available.
A few members of the Pinelands Dulcimer Society will play on both days. Light refreshments will be served.
While you are browsing the holiday bazaar you will be surrounded by images from the juried photography exhibit "Pinelands" hanging in our barn. The framed photographes that make up this exhibit will be for sale and could make an excellent gift for the nature-lover in your life. Learn more about the exhibit here.
Sponsored by Pinelands Preservation Alliance
Sunday, December 3rd from 2pm to 4pm:
Gifts from the Pinelands - A Wreath Making Event: Families and guests of all ages are invited to come make wreaths from Pinelands greenery to share with a family in need. All supplies provided. Free event. Also you can make a pine cone ornament to take with you plus live season music from Sanctuary.
Pre-registration is required since space and supplies are limited. To register email Janet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It looks like you don't have flash player installed. Click here to go to Macromedia download page.