You are Invited!
Together we did it! Please join us to celebrate the successful completion of our Brendan T. Byrne Fund for the Pinelands Campaign at this open house event. See our newly renovated 1932 Louden Barn which provides new space for educational programs, art exhibits, meeting space and more (it has geothermal heating and cooling!). Take a guided tour of our 1753 farmhouse, enjoy music, learn more about our programs and much more!
Ernie Cozens photo of Barn © Ernest Cozens
Pinelands Preservation Alliance Open House
Sunday, May 21st
12 noon to 4:00 p.m.
Location: Bishop Farmstead, 17 Pemberton Rd., Southampton NJ 08088 (directions)
Guided Historic Tours
Ronn Shaffer, local historian and former owner of the Bishop Farmstead, will take you back in time as you tour the farmhouse that we call home. The farmhouse was built in 1753 and was placed on the National and State Register of Historic Places during the Shaffer's ownership. It is a remarkable intact example of a colonial brick farmhouse. After seeing the farmhouse you will enter the newly renovated 1932 Louden barn and hear from PPA's executive director, Carleton Montgomery about its unique history and its bright future.
Tours will take place at the following times and will last approximately one hour:
Demonstrations and Activities
The following activities will be taking place throughout the event.
- Enjoy music by the Greater Pinelands Dulcimer Society in Sycamore Grove
- Children’s Nature Activities
- Art by the Rancocas Valley Plein Art Painters
- Professional wood carving demonstrations by Ray & Barbara Nyman
- Basket Making Demonstration by Mary Carty of the Pinelands Folk Music and Basketry Center
- Stop by our Pinelands Activity Table where you can learn about Pinelands Adventures, the Tour de Pines, volunteering and more!
- Browse the Pinelands Visitor Center
- Raffle for prizes
Light refreshments will be available. Bring your own lawn chair or picnic blanket.
This is a free event that will take place rain or shine and is our way of saying thank you to all the people who supported the Brendan T. Byrne Fund for the Pinelands, or volunteered at a cleanup, or wrote a letter, or cares deeply about the Pinelands!
Rain or Shine. You do not have to RSVP.