Pinelands Watch Network
Pinelands Watch is an activist network run by the Pinelands Preservation Alliance. The mission is to help those who are concerned about conservation issues in the Pinelands to get involved and make a difference.
Protecting the Pinelands and other natural places in New Jersey requires the joint effort of citizens, nonprofit organizations, experts and dedicated decision-makers. We hope you will join our activist network, Pinelands Watch.
Join the Pinelands Watch Activist Network Today!
Citizens in the Pinelands Watch network are kept up to date on Pinelands issues, engage with local planners and officials, and advocate for Pinelands protections. You will play a key role in advocating for the protection of the Pinelands National Reserve.
The network is organized by county and we are holding our first county meetings on March 20 and April 4 with more to be scheduled.
Right now our focus is on the seven Pinelands Counties - Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester and Ocean.
Contact Katie Smith, Policy Advocate if you have questions. She can be reached at 609-589-8860 ext. 122 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pinelands Watch Activist Training:
Date: March 20, 2017 at 7 p.m.
- Location: Ocean City Public Library, 1735 Simpson Ave, Ocean City, NJ 08226
- See this event on Facebook please share.
Date: April 4, 2017 at 7 p.m.
- Location: Pinelands Preservation Alliance, 17 Pemberton Rd, Southampton NJ 08088
- See this event on Facebook, please share.
Please fill out the RSVP form at the bottom of this page.
During these Pinelands Watch Activist trainings you will to collect resources for getting involved to protect the Pinelands and you will be able to connect with other activists from your area.
At these meetings we will:
- Cover the organization, appointment processes, and recent actions of the Pinelands Commission
- Describe how Pinelands Commissioners are appointed
- Discuss your priorities and what you need to see from your freeholders, the Pinelands Commission, and other municipal bodies.
- Develop tactics and a plan to begin taking action on those priorities
- Provide resources and information to help you in your actions
We will conclude by making calls and writing letters to freeholders and gubernatorial candidates to demand the Pinelands are protected properly.
Contact us if you would like to host a Pinelands Watch Activist meeting.
Interested in joining the Pinelands Watch? Please fill out this RSVP Form.