Here is a list of related events to the tag that you have selected.
2nd Annual Garden Day -- Rancocas Nature Center, Westampton, NJ
Time & Place
Noon to 4:00pm
Rancocas Nature Center, 794 Rancocas Road, Westampton, NJ 08060
Bog plants, plants that attract pollinators, butterflies and wildlife, helpful herbs, and identifying aliens in the woods are some of the main features for today.
Children’s activities will include garden-related crafts and stories.
ONGOING OUTSIDE ACTIVITIES & GARDENS TO SEE, Noon to 4pm:
- Children’s Garden Crafts & Activities – by Diane Rothschild, Rancocas Environmental Educator
- Bog Plant Q & A – by Bill Smith of Rare Find Nursery in Jackson, NJ…will have plants to sell and ongoing Q & A
- Dragonfly/Frog Pond – by Barbara Wiley, Rancocas Naturalist
- Wildlife Habitat/Pollinator Gardening – by Frank Victor, Rutgers Master Gardeners of Burlington County
- Practical Uses of Herbs, featuring the Children’s Herb Garden – by Adrianne Voyt, Expert on Ancestral Uses for Herbs & Plants (ointments, tinctures, balms, etc.)
- Nature Photography – by Harold Buchanan, photographer & FRNC Development Committee
- Beekeeping – by Steve Price of Busy Bee Farm, Tabernacle
- Ask a Master Gardener – by Marilyn Fishman, Rutgers Master Gardeners of Burlington County
- Rancocas Nature Center Membership & Information, plus Bird Seed Sale
1:00 – 1:45pm - Wildflower Hike – by Hedy Bauer, Rancocas Naturalist
2:00 – 2:45pm - Rancocas Butterfly Meadow – by Sandra Keller, Rancocas Associate Naturalist & Audubon Wildlife Birder
3:00 – 3:45pm - Identifying Aliens – by Susan Buffalino, RNC Sanctuary Director
Visitors should wear comfortable hiking shoes and outdoor clothing. Donations to help sustain the Center are always welcome!
(609) 261-2495 | Email | Web
Lecture - Tips for Successful Organic Gardening
Time & Place
7pm to 8:30 pm
PPA, 17 Pemberton Rd (CR 616), Southampton NJ 08088
Join us in our newly renovated warm and cozy barn at the headquarters of the Pinelands Preservation Alliance for Tips for Successful Organic Vegetable and Herb Gardening. The cost is $15 per person. Participants must register by clicking on the tickets link or by calling 609-268-0189.
Learn what it means to be certified organic and why you should know your farmer. Discover interesting and productive plant varieties.
Techniques, Tools and Tips for success include basic soil amendments, mulching, rotation, spacing, interplanting, and a show and tell of useful tools. Learn why a physical barrier can be your best bet against pests and compile a list of resources for seeds and supplies.
Finally, there will be an opportunity to find out about the varieties offered in Pinelands Adventures 2018 Vegetable and Herb Plant Fundraiser. Bring questions and feedback about plants purchased from last year’s sale!
Each paid participant will receive one free plant with the purchase of additional plants in our 2018 sale.
Prior to joining Pinelands Adventures, Rob Ferber was the manager of Linvilla Orchards in Media, PA. He and his wife, Amanda, also run The Philly Chile Company Farm in Monroeville, New Jersey, raising certified organic vegetable and herb transplants for farms and garden centers.
Ferber is a graduate of the New Jersey Agricultural Leadership Development Program, has served on the board of NOFA-NJ and appeared on WHYYs You Bet Your Garden with Mike McGrath.
Cost: $15/per person
PPA Members receive a 10% discount! Enter Code "PPA Member".
Register online https://fareharbor.com/pinelandsadventures/items/71719/
Call 609-268-0189 for more information.
Pinelands Adventures | 609-268-0189 | Email | Web