Life Science Field Training Institute
A multi-day field science experience for educators to strengthen field-based investigations in their teaching and improve student performance.
11th Annual Life Science Field Training Institute, June 26 - 29, 2017
Program highlights include:
[+ ZOOM] Studying Fish in the Pinelands
- Canoe trip and investigation of aquatic habitats of the NJ Pinelands
- Transects and vegetation analysis
- Biodiversity and community ecology
- Species area curves and population dynamics
- Tour of the Rutgers University Pinelands Field Station
- Merging field exercises with service projects
2017 program agenda.
See our 2017 Program Flyer Feel free to distribute!
35 professional development credits are available to attendees.
Three (3) graduate credits through Rutgers University are also available. Rutgers University is responsible for the cost per credit. Please check the Rutgers website to learn more.
Participants will receive a complimentary copy of The Pine Barrens: Up Close & Natural Curriculum.
A $50 deposit is required (fully refundable upon completion of the program).
PPA is pleased to have the support of the Bonazzi Foundation for the Promotion of Science Education for our education program.
Questions? Contact Ryan Rebozo, Director of Conservation Science at 609-859-8860 ext 126 or email email@example.com.