Life Science Field Training Institute
A multi-day field science experience for educators to strengthen field-based investigations in their teaching and improve student performance.
8th Annual Life Science Field Training Institute, June 23 - 27, 2014
Program highlights include:
[+ ZOOM] Studying Fish in the Pinelands
- Canoe trip and investigation of aquatic habitats of the NJ Pinelands
- Transects and vegetation analysis
- Biodiversity and community ecology
- Species area curves and population dynamics
- Tour of the Rutgers University Pinelands Field Station
- Merging field exercises with service projects
Here's the 2014 program agenda.
[+ ZOOM] Canoeing a Pinelands River
See our 2014 program flyer. Feel free to distribute!
35 professional development credits are available to attendees.
Three (3) graduate credits through Rutgers University are also available.
Participants will receive a complimentary copy of The Pine Barrens: Up Close & Natural Curriculum.
A $50 deposit is required (fully refundable upon completion of the program).
To Register: Registration for the 2014 Life Science Field Training Institute is now full. Please call Amy at (609) 859-8860 ext 23 for more information or to sign-up on the wait list -- a spot might open up!
PPA is pleased to have the support of the Bonazzi Foundation for the Promotion of Science Education for our education program.