Life Science Field Training Institute
A multi-day field science experience for educators to strengthen field-based investigations in their teaching and improve student performance.
8th Annual Life Science Field Training Institute, June 23 - 27, 2014
Program highlights include:
[+ ZOOM] Studying Fish in the Pinelands
- Canoe trip and investigation of aquatic habitats of the NJ Pinelands
- Transects and vegetation analysis
- Biodiversity and community ecology
- Species area curves and population dynamics
- Tour of the Rutgers University Pinelands Field Station
- Merging field exercises with service projects
Check out last year's 2013 agenda. A 2014 agenda will be available shortly.
[+ ZOOM] Canoeing a Pinelands River
See our 2014 program flyer. Feel free to distribute!
35 professional development credits are available to attendees.
Three (3) graduate credits through Rutgers University are also available.
Participants will receive a complimentary copy of The Pine Barrens: Up Close & Natural Curriculum.
A $50 deposit is required (fully refundable upon completion of the program).
To Register: You may register and pay the $50 deposit online by clicking here or call Tom at (609) 859-8860 x 14 to pay over the phone.
PPA is pleased to have the support of the Bonazzi Foundation for the Promotion of Science Education for our education program.