Life Science Field Training Institute
A multi-day field science experience for educators to strengthen field-based investigations in their teaching and improve student performance.
10th Annual Life Science Field Training Institute, June 27 - 30, 2016
Program highlights include:
[+ ZOOM] Studying Fish in the Pinelands
- Canoe trip and investigation of aquatic habitats of the NJ Pinelands
- Transects and vegetation analysis
- Biodiversity and community ecology
- Species area curves and population dynamics
- Tour of the Rutgers University Pinelands Field Station
- Merging field exercises with service projects
2016 program syllabus.
See our 2016 program flyer. Feel free to distribute!
35 professional development credits are available to attendees.
Three (3) graduate credits through Rutgers University are also available.
Participants will receive a complimentary copy of The Pine Barrens: Up Close & Natural Curriculum.
A $50 deposit is required (fully refundable upon completion of the program).
The class is full. Please contact Ryan to be added to the waiting list at (609) 859-8860 ext 26 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PPA is pleased to have the support of the Bonazzi Foundation for the Promotion of Science Education for our education program.